Introducing XRP Ledger (rippled) version 1.3.1
Ripple has released version 1.3.1 of
rippled, the reference implementation of the core XRP Ledger protocol. To learn more about how to build and run a
rippled server, see Manage the Rippled Server.
This release supersedes version 1.3.0. Version 1.3.1 addresses deadlock conditions reported by some users late in the release cycle for 1.3.0.
Installing or Updating
The installation instructions on supported platforms have changed for
- For all new installs, see Install
- On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or CentOS 7, if you have automatic updates enabled, the updates should work successfully. For more information or for manual update instructions, see the Migration Instructions for RHEL 7 / CentOS.
- On Ubuntu Linux (16.04, 18.04, or newer), native (APT) packages are now available. If you already have
rippledinstalled using the previous method (installing RPMs with Alien), see Migration Instructions for Ubuntu Linux for steps to migrate to the new, native packages. Additionally, it is now possible to enable automatic updates on Ubuntu.
- Debian 9 Stretch is now a supported operating system. See Installation on Ubuntu or Debian Linux for instructions.
- For other platforms, please compile from source.
Summary of Changes
rippled 1.3.1 release introduces several new features and overall improvements to the codebase, including the
fixMasterKeyAsRegularKey amendment, code to adjust the timing of the consensus process and support for decentralized validator domain verification. The release also includes miscellaneous improvements including in the transaction censorship detection code, transaction validation code, manifest parsing code, config file parsing code, log file rotation code, and in the build, continuous integration, testing and package building pipelines.
New and Updated Features
fixMasterKeyAsRegularKeyamendment which, if enabled, will correct a technical flaw that allowed setting an account's regular key to the account's master key.
- Code that allows validators to adjust the timing of the consensus process in near-real-time to account for connection delays.
- Support for decentralized validator domain verification by adding support for a "domain" field in manifests.
- Improve ledger trie ancestry tracking to reduce unnecessary error messages.
- More efficient detection of dry paths in the payment engine. Although not a transaction-breaking change, this should reduces spurious error messages in the log files.
- Improved handling of deadlock conditions.
This release is currently live on the XRP Ledger Test Net, with the
fixMasterKeyAsRegularKey amendment active. To connect your server to the test net, please upgrade to version 1.3.1 immediately.
On supported platforms, see the instructions on updating rippled.
When compiling from source, the first log entry should be the change setting the version:
commit e1adbd7ddd5dfa9f2a9791aa3c0fcc1fdb4e8236 Author: Manoj doshi <[email protected]> Date: Wed Jul 24 15:21:56 2019 -0700 Set version to 1.3.1
e1adbd7ddSet version to 1.3.1
355a7b04aAdd a LogicError when a deadlock is detected
d3ee0df93Add links to in-repo build-instructions
7c24f7b17Improve logging during process startup.
a3060516cImprove package build pipeline
caa5c9e22Set version to 1.3.0
846538304Set version to 1.3.0-rc2
7b7e3b675Return WS error on closure when balance threshold exceeds
a988b3224Use NuDB context with backends
89b3bf079Stabilize RPC error code values:
6d8988b78Improve handling of revoked manifests:
3acbd84f1Set proper system openssldir in package build
45403b877Set version to 1.3.0-rc1
f17d9bc42Set version to 1.3.0-b6
ba2714fa2Make protocol message counters more granular:
2c4b3d515Trim whitespace for all config lines
59973a435Add beast/cxx17 to install set
93232ec7dAdd logrotate config to rpm/deb pkgs
efa926676Set version to 1.3.0-b5
dc24748c2Improve locking of PeerImp member variables
f8365f500Add JsonOptions enum class to contain options passed to getJSON methods
c2138c4e8Fix Docker error about "FROM" macro usage
bfad96dbbForce snappy compression for RocksDB (remove option):
0ef6d9f9aAdd slack notify for approvals, remove old RPM build
c1a1cfe55Pkgbld - Make approval blocking, add slack summary message
de99e79bfFix SNTPClock shutdown
e83d367f4Set version to 1.3.0-b4
aa76b382aDocument IPv6 usage in sample config:
5f908ba87Make some locks more granular:
adc1b8a36Update package build env to boost 1.70
73c6e47e8Use local rippled core lib during pkg build
3a780f80fRemove repo package check from update script
c78404e23Pause for lagging validators.
79a0cb096Payment paths with a zero output step are dry (RIPD-1749):
6f9e8dc72Support Boost 1.70:
b39b0fef3Get names of transactions and ledger types from jss
be139d9bdAdd some missing items to help command list:
c6d82c722Configure build+test matrix for GitLab CI:
0c20e2eb8Refine parseUrl regular expression (RIPD-1708):
63eeb8d73Use recursive remove and clean for apt (OPS-508)
5214b3c1bSet version to 1.3.0-b3
5f7a61f04Report a peer's public key and IP address in log messages (fixes #2675)
c5a938de5Disallow using the master key as the regular key:
9372a587eRequest RocksDB PORTABLE build option
948e724dfImprovements to pkg CI pipeline:
06faf2bd5Improve exit and test failure handling in CI
1dd81c04fImprove jemalloc build config:
56dbf70c3Improve windows build README
f8a4ac6adUse optimized OpenSSL implementations when possible
61bd06177Reserve memory before inserting into a flat set
80e535a13Arguments passed to jtx Env::operator() must be invocable:
64b55c0f8Rename JsonFields.h to jss.h:
afcc4ff29Reduce likelihood of malformed SOTemplate:
57fe197d3Remove runtime inference of unrecognized SFields
9279a3feeRefactor SField construction:
b6363289bUse Json::StaticString for field names
8c1123edcMerge master (1.2.4) into develop (1.3.0-b2)
fa5785947Set version to 1.3.0-b2
88cb0e592Allow manifests to include an optional 'domain' field:
e239eed6dRemove obsolete code
504b3441dApply resource limits to proxied clients:
872478d96Construct ErrorCodes lookup table at compile time
185f2baf7Remove unused RPC error codes:
36d675894Disallow both single- and multi-signing in RPC (RIPD-1713):
d8c450d27Remove incorrectly defaulted functions:
8ef5b9babMake LedgerTrie remove work for truncated history
e6370a648Add dpkg/rpm building capability:
b2170d016Update travis dist/tools
5c124f11cRemove the 'rocksdb' subtree
2aed24a55Build RocksDB by ExternalProject
296469f5fReduce memory allocations for RCLCensorshipDetector
08371ba2cImprove shard downloader status reporting
1084dc6ddSet version to 1.3.0-b1
8023caaa9Correct example configuration file:
8b9746628Always use UTC to be timezone-neutral (RIPD-1659)
de1d10253Allow build to support XCode 10.2
1e1e8c254Remove assert that accesses object post-dtor (RIPD-1704)
aa49be65aRemove conditional check for feature introduced in 0.28.1-b7
cd820b377Improve the server's PING/PONG logic
8d59ed5b2Remove STValidation::isValid overload
e03efdbe0Remove use of beast's detail::sec_ws_key_type
4f52c2989Remove use of beast::detail::is_invocable trait
3fb13233aProvide patch for FindBoost and apply it
9695fd44bSupport boost 1.69
The public git repository for
rippled is hosted on GitHub at https://github.com/ripple/rippled.
We welcome contributions, big and small, and invite everyone to join the community of XRP Ledger developers and help us build the Internet of Value.
The following people contributed directly to this release:
- Crypto Brad Garlinghouse ([email protected])
- Ethan MacBrough ([email protected])
- Edward Hennis ([email protected])
- Elliot Lee ([email protected])
- Howard Hinnant ([email protected])
- invalidator ([email protected])
- James Fryman ([email protected])
- Jesper Wallin ([email protected])
- Joseph Busch ([email protected])
- David Scwhartz ([email protected])
- John Freeman ([email protected])
- Lazaridis ([email protected])
- Manoj Doshi ([email protected], [email protected])
- Mark Travis ([email protected])
- Miguel Portilla ([email protected])
- Mike Ellery ([email protected])
- Mo Morsi ([email protected])
- Nik Bougalis ([email protected])
- Scott Schurr ([email protected])
- Scott Determan ([email protected])