Developer Reflections: xrp.cafe
This week on Developer Reflections, we’re proud to highlight xrp.cafe, a leading NFT marketplace aiming to bring mass adoption to the XRP Ledger with an emphasis on user-friendliness, community building, education, and tooling.
xrp.cafe is built using
rippled and leverages the XLS-20 protocol for native NFTs on the XRP Ledger.
Since going live on the XRP Ledger Mainnet, xrp.cafe has:
- Assisted dozens of projects in minting and transitioning from IOUs to NFTs.
- Created numerous guides to help creators and users navigate the NFT ecosystem.
- Provided Twitter sales and listings bots to make NFT trading more accessible.
- Launched jittrBot, an NFT gating Discord bot to help projects manage their communities.
- Released a collection floor widget that any project can add to their website, enabling them to showcase and sell their NFTs without technical knowledge.
- Introduced Arweave, a permanent storage solution similar to IPFS, to enhance the resilience of NFTs.
- Open-sourced scripts for bulk minting, bulk offers, and bulk transfers via their GitHub repository, which simplifies the process of managing NFT collections at scale for creators and developers.
Why the XRP Ledger?
The xrp.cafe team believes that the XRP Ledger is the ideal platform for NFTs. Its 3-second transaction speeds, low transaction costs, and shared DEX create an ideal decentralized environment for everyone.
The XRP Ledger’s XLS-20 NFT Standard also offers two key features: Layer 1 royalties and Layer 1 anti-spam. Layer 1 royalties ensure that creators always receive their rightful compensation, and Layer 1 anti-spam requires users to accept every NFT entering their wallet, helping users avoid unwanted or illegal NFTs. Both of these features are essential for creators, users, and the long-term health of the ecosystem.
Furthermore, the XRP Ledger’s community is dedicated to promoting industry-best metadata practices and decentralized storage solutions like IPFS and Arweave, making the XRP Ledger the best choice for NFTs. And all of these features are available without the need for smart contracts or Layer 2 solutions.